Broadly includes laparoscopic ablative and laparoscopic reconstructive surgeries.
Laparoscopic Ablative Surgeries :
- Laparoscopic simple nephrectomy : Simple nephrectomy for non-functioning kidney is done laparoscopically.
- Laparoscopic radical nephrectomy : Radical nephrectomy for renal cancers is done laparoscopically. It is oncologically equivalent to open radical nephrectomy.
Laparoscopic Reconstructive Surgeries :
- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty : A gold standard for reconstructive urology surgeries.
- Laparoscopic ureteric reimplantation : A standard indication would be for post hysterectomy ureteric reimplantation.
- Laparoscopic ureterolithotomy for large upper impacted stones.